It looks as if actual stone however saves cash, time and hard work. Stone veneer panels made from robust, lightweight polyurethane is the right material for masses of initiatives outside and inside your house or business. And you don’t need unique skills or tools to do the set up your self. If you’ve got a measuring tape, a degree, and basic woodworking gear like saws and drills, you can do it. Here’s how.
Materials and Tools
o Stone veneer siding panels
o Construction adhesive (PL® Polyurethane Premium endorsed)
o Screws suitable in your set up, as described inside the commands under
o Filler or caulk to match the panels
o Screwdriver (cordless motive force-drill recommended)
o Wood-cutting noticed for cutting panels (jigsaw, bandsaw, and so forth.)
o For set up over concrete: Either a hammer drill and masonry bit; or, for adhesive-simplest installation, Great Stuff(TM) Gaps & Cracks filler and disposable gloves
1. Make certain the stone veneer panels will faux stone wall fill the peak of the wall with out leaving a slim strip uncovered. For instance, say your wall needs 4 rows of panels plus simply one inch. Because it’s hard to reduce and set up a strip that slender, you should plan to reduce an inch or two off the lowest of the bottom row of panels. Then the pinnacle row might be that a great deal wider and easier to work with.
2. Sweep or vacuum the wall to put off dust and loose dirt. For concrete, use a stiff broom or brush and sweep firmly.
3. Snap a stage line at the wall at the top of the primary row of panels. If the panels can be scribed to the ground, degree up from the bottom point of the floor. If any hole at the bottom can be hidden with the aid of trim, degree up from the best factor of the ground.
Four. Decide in which the primary panel must start with the aid of laying out some panels on the ground alongside the wall. Or, measure the width of the wall and the width of a single panel, and do the layout on paper. Your aim is to avoid slicing very narrow panels at every stop of the wall. Keep in thoughts that you’ll be spectacular the rows of panels so their vertical seams do not line up.
Five. Install the primary panel of the lowest row (scroll right down to read segment entitled “Installing Each Stone Veneer Panel”). You can paintings from the left or right, and you can begin with the very end panel or the only subsequent to it. When you do set up an stop panel, you can want to scribe it to the adjoining wall surface (examine final segment of this text, “Scribing Stone Veneer PanelsInstalling Each Stone Veneer Panel
Usually you use each adhesive and screws to install every stone veneer panel. If you’re installing the panels on concrete, you could as an alternative observe a one-of-a-kind method using adhesive best.
Adhesive and Screws (any floor)
1. Choose flat-head Phillips screws appropriate to your set up:
o You want 4 screws according to panel.
O For exterior installations, make certain to use exterior screws that might not rust.
O For installation into timber studs, use screws long sufficient to penetrate between 3/4 inch and 1 inch into the stud. Do no longer use longer screws; you may hit wires or pipes!
O For set up over concrete, use Tapcon® concrete screws long sufficient to penetrate between 1 inch and 1 3/4 inch into the concrete.
2. Dry-in shape the panel in location and make certain it suits. If you’re putting in on concrete, pre-drill a hollow close to each nook for the Tapcon screw. Follow the producer’s specification for the hollow size.
3. Apply construction adhesive in a zigzag sample to the again of the panel.
Four. Apply adhesive to any area that suits against an existing panel. Apply it so it’s going to squeeze out towards the back rather than the front.
5. Slip the panel into vicinity, interlocking the seams with adjoining panels. Use your hand or fist to tap the panel so the seams are very tight.
6. Drive a screw into the panel near every nook, barely countersinking the screw head.
Adhesive Only (opportunity technique for concrete)
1. Read the instructions at the can of Great Stuff Gaps & Cracks filler. Wear disposable gloves; Great Stuff is extraordinarily sticky.
2. Dry match the panel in area and make certain it fits.
Three. If this panel suits towards already-set up panels, follow production adhesive to those edges on the installed panels. Apply it so it’ll squeeze out in the direction of the lower back in place of the front.
4. Carefully practice a zigzag snake of Great Stuff to the back of the panel. Stay several inches faraway from the edges, and don’t observe an excessive amount of. The foam expands because it treatment options.
Five. Immediately slip the panel into region at the wall. Wiggle it barely to spread the froth, and press it firmly against adjoining panels so the seams are tight.
6. Hold the panel firmly in opposition to the wall for a couple of minutes till the froth sets. Make positive it’s firmly connected earlier than putting in the subsequent panel.
Scribing Stone Veneer Panels
When you healthy a fake stone veneer panel in opposition to a superbly plumb adjoining wall or a wonderfully level floor, all you need to do is cut the panel directly across. But if the wall or floor is irregular or out of rectangular, you need to scribe the edge of the panel so it fits exactly without any unsightly gaps.
These steps provide an explanation for scribing to a wall. Use a similar method to scribe to a ceiling or ground.
1. Set the compass unfold:
o If you’re installing the primary panel in a row, and the panel is already reduce to the proper difficult length, spread the compass simply extensive sufficient to cover the largest gap between the wall and the strong part of the panel — say, half of inch.
O If you’re becoming the ultimate panel in a row, first reduce the panel an inch or over-long. Hold it in place, level and butted towards the wall, so it barely overlaps the subsequent-to-ultimate panel. Then spread the compass to precisely in shape the amount of the overlap (now not counting the interlocking tabs).
2. Carefully maintain the panel in region, stage and butted towards the wall. With the compass pencil resting on the panel and the point resting towards the wall, slide the compass so the pencil strains a line on the panel as the factor follows the contour of the wall.
Three. Cut cautiously along the line. Test the fit and use a rough record to take away any high spots.